Interventional radiologists perform diagnostic and therapeutic minimally invasive procedures, under image guidance, for a wide variety of medical and surgical conditions.
The section is composed offellowship trained and widely experienced interventional radiologists.
We also have three physician assistants (PA’s) who are involved in all aspects of patient care and perform minor procedures.
- Katie Rush, PA-C
- Kara Ozog, PA-C
- Heather Linger, PA-C
We are actively involved in the many multidisciplinary teams that provide patient care at NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore). We work closely with all of our referring physicians to guarantee that their patients are diagnosed and treated in a timely and compassionate manner. We offer a prompt consultation service for both inpatients and outpatients at all four NorthShore hospitals.
Specialized procedures include:
- Uterine fibroid embolization to block the blood supply to uterine fibroids. As an alternative to hysterectomy, this procedure preserves the patient’s uterus, and reduces pelvic pain and uterine bleeding.
- Vertebroplasty for the treatment of compression fractures of the spine, commonly due to osteoporosis.
- Angioplasty and stenting of the peripheral vascular system, renal and mesenteric arteries to increase blood flow.
- Endovascular aortic aneurysm repair, done in conjunction with our vascular surgery colleagues, is the minimally invasive method to treat abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Chemoembolization to shrink tumors and radiofrequency ablation to kill the tumor’s cancerous cells.
- Noninvasive vascular imaging such as CT angiography and magnetic resonance angiography.
Appointment Scheduling: Call 888.364.6400
Related Resources: www.sirweb.org