NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore), the principal academic affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, seeks an exceptional and energetic Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist to serve as Medical Director of the Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP). The successful candidate for this position will be BC/BE by the ABPN and have completed a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship.
The position involves leadership of an innovative team, clinical work (patients in the programs as well as office patients), and teaching. The IOP and PHP employ evidence-based treatments, including cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness, pet therapy, art therapy, yoga, meditation, and the projected addition soon of auricular acupuncture and qigong, to assist adolescents with a range of diagnoses, such as mood disorders, anxiety, self harm, and school avoidance.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to:
- Enjoy the collegiality and intellectual stimulation of an academic center with a compensation and benefits package competitive with top private practices.
- Join a growing Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences Department that offers state-of-the-art treatment, including more than 16 clinical services.
- Become a member of a 900-plus-physician, multispecialty group practice that includes more than 100 office locations with over 2,400 affiliated physicians.
- Be part of the Mayo Clinic Care Network; Mayo’s only collaboration of its kind in the Chicago region.
- Obtain academic appointment to The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine if qualified.
- Experience the full range of lifestyles that are uniquely available in the Chicagoland area.