NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore), the principal academic affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, seeks to hire a Director for our Movement Disorders Program.
The successful candidate for this position will be:
- Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and have completed a Movement Disorders fellowship.
- Passionate about preserving and improving neurological health through clinical practice, education, and research.
- Share our vision to be the best providers of neurological care in Chicagoland and a regional destination for innovative care solutions in targeted programmatic specialties (including Movement Disorders).
- Demonstrate a commitment to the fulfillment of growth, quality, and loyalty goals.
- Embrace the Department’s commitment to quality through the development and implementation of structured clinical forms within the electronic medical record that define Best Practices.
- Embrace the Department’s commitment to research through longitudinal studies of progression and outcomes of neurological disorders, biobanking, and clinical trials.
Our Movement Disorders Program has four neurologists, a neurosurgeon, a neuropsychologist, a PhD neurophysiologist, four nurses, a social worker, a research coordinator, a practice manager, an administrative director for clinical practice, and an administrative director for research. Our new Program Director must exhibit strong leadership qualities; responsibilities include:
- Drafting and executing a two-yearly Programmatic Charter.
- Driving clinical productivity and performance of the program.
- Supporting Departmental growth, quality and loyalty goals.
- Mentoring of faculty, students, residents, and fellows.
- Developing community outreach programs.
- Implementing our longitudinal studies at the programmatic level.
- Assisting with growth of our clinical trials portfolio.
- Assisting with fundraising.
- Convening monthly meetings of the Program.
- Representing the Program on our Neurology Executive Committee.
The Department of Neurology is one of the largest academic group in the Chicago region with 37 neurologists employed and 10 specialty programs with inpatient and outpatient sites across the North Shore of Chicago.