- This Isn’t What I Expected (1994) by Karen Kleiman, M.S.W. and Valerie Raskin, M.D. Published by Bantam Books.
- Postpartum Survival Guide (1994) by Ann Dunnewold, Ph.D. and Diane Sanford, Ph.D. Published by New Harbinger Publications.
- Conquering Postpartum Depression: A Proven Plan for Recovery (2003) by Ronald Rosenberg, MD, Deborah Greening, PhD, and James Windell. Published by Perseus Publishing.
- For professional reference and those interested in brain function and anatomy:
Women’s Moods (1999) by Sichel, D. and Watson-Driscoll, J. Published by William Morrow and Company.
- Breaking the Silence: Depression Around Childbirth (1996), a 26-page booklet written at an 8th grade reading level. Available through Noodle Soup, 4614 Prospect Avenue, #421, Cleveland, OH, 44103-4214; 1.800.795.9295; www.noodlesoup.com ($1.70)
- The Emotional You and Helping a Spouse Through Postpartum Depression: For Fathers, Friends and Family Available through Postpartum Education for Parents, P.O. Box 6154, Santa Barbara, CA 93160; 1.805.564.3888; www.sbpep.org ($0.30 if ordered by mail; free if downloaded online)