NorthShore University HealthSystem Laboratory Services (NSLS) is the Outreach Services group of the NorthShore University HealthSystem’s Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. All operational and administrative functions such as Customer Service, Billing Service, Logistics Service, Phlebotomy Service, Patient Service Centers (PSC), OPS and Sales/Marketing are directed from the offices at 9811 Woods Drive in Skokie. Clinical and Anatomical pathology testing is performed in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine located at the Evanston Hospital campus with support by the laboratories at the Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie Hospital campuses. NSLS operates fourteen (14) independent PSCs providing routine specimen collection and limited waived testing.
We offer a full range of Anatomical and Clinical Pathology services along with substantial offerings of esoteric and specialized testing. Greater than 99% of laboratory testing is performed in the laboratory facilities at Evanston Hospital. The staff performing these services consists of nationally certified Allied Health Professionals and board-certified physicians (MD and PhD) who are on faculty with the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
Specialized Laboratory Services
- Anatomic Pathology - Full range of Surgical Pathology services by board-certified Anatomical Pathologists
- Blood Bank
- Core Laboratory (Chemistry, Hematology and Urinalysis)
- Cytology - Full range of Gynecological/Non-Gynecological services by a board- certified Cytopathologist
- Dermatopathology - Board-Certified Dematopathologists
- Flow Cytometry
- Microbiology (Bacteriology, MRSA Screening, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, Parasitology and Virology)
- Molecular Diagnosis (influenza sub-typing, infectious disease by PCR and tumor cell detection)