« Previous Page
a type of parasite that lives in the digestive system of
humans. Most people get infected by touching something that has pinworm eggs on it and then swallowing them. Pinworms can be annoying, but they rarely cause serious health problems.
Treatment can kill pinworms. It also helps keep you from getting infected again and from spreading
the infection to other people.
Current as of:
September 9, 2014
John Pope, MD - Pediatrics & Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics
How this information was developed to help you make better health decisions.
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.