Attention Land of Lincoln Patients: We recently learned that Land of Lincoln Health Insurance Company is closing and your insurance coverage will end on 9/30/16. Until that time, NorthShore and Land of Lincoln’s relationship will continue business as usual.
There will be a special enrollment period for Land of Lincoln Subscribers on the Health Insurance Marketplace (HealthCare.Gov) from 8/2/16-9/30/16. During this time, you can select another plan.
As more information becomes available, we will provide updates. For now, please be aware of the following:
- NorthShore is a participating provider with the Land of Lincoln Traditional PPO plan and will continue to be until 9/30/16.
- Your insurance coverage under Land of Lincoln will continue as long as you pay your monthly premiums. Consistent payment of these premiums will insure that there will be no disruption in scheduled appointments or other services provided by NorthShore through 9/30/16.
- You will continue to be responsible for co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance and your maximum out-of-pocket expenses, as your insurance requires, for services obtained at NorthShore.
- If you use mail order drugs, make sure you have enough medication to cover you during the transition to your new insurance. Sometimes there is a new set up required by the new insurance that could cause a delay. If you are uncertain, you may want to request a new prescription from your health care provider.
- Check our website for updates and we will be sending you more information by mail soon.
Healthcare Exchange Open Enrollment:
- NorthShore does not participate in Blue Choice PPO
Blue Choice members that receive care with NorthShore University HealthSystem Physicians and Hospitals will experience significantly higher out of pocket costs with the Blue Choice insurance.
In order to continue to see your NorthShore Providers and Hospitals, please find below the Exchange products that NorthShore participates in for 2016. For 2017, we are expecting changes in NorthShore’s participation, as well as changes in other plans available in the marketplace. We will update all insurance information for 2017 as soon as that information is available.
- Aetna Whole Health Chicago
Not available in 2017
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Precision
Click here to verify PCP and view enrollment instructions
- Coventry (PPO)
Not available in 2017
- Harken Health - an Affiliate of United Healthcare
Before purchasing Harken, be sure to verify NorthShore Physicians’ and Hospitals’ participation and out of pocket expenses, as well as whether or not NorthShore will be covered in the Harken Provider Network for 2017, with Harken directly.
- Land of Lincoln Health Traditional PPO
Plan ending 9/30/2016