Open Enrollment on healthcare.gov for 2017 health plans starts November 1, 2016. Important dates to note:
- November 1, 2016: Open Enrollment starts — first day you can enroll, re-enroll, or change a 2017 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2017.
- December 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for coverage to start January 1, 2017.
- January 1, 2017: 2017 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 31, 2017: Last day to enroll in or change a 2017 health plan. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
Many health plans have made changes to their marketplace offerings for 2017. Please find below the most current information that is available. We will update all insurance information for 2017 as soon as that information is available along with NorthShore’s participation.
- Blue Precision HMO - NorthShore will participate for 2017 (verify PCP participation)
- Aetna Whole Health Chicago - Not available in 2017
- Coventry (PPO) - Not available in 2017
- Harken Health - an Affiliate of United Healthcare – Changing to a network that NorthShore does not participate in for 2017
- Blue Choice - NorthShore DOES NOT participate