We couldn't do it without you!
Volunteers make a major difference to the patients and staff at our hospitals. That's why we do everything we can to place our volunteers in positions that match their interests, abilities, availability and an identified need of the hospitals. This includes covering late afternoon and evening hours that are convenient for both students and people who work during the day.
Basic Requirements for Volunteering
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Complete an application and a criminal background check (18 years and older)
- Attend a hospital orientation
- Participate in an interview of about 45 minutes
- Get clearance through Employee Health, providing immunization record for mumps, measles and chicken pox
- Complete training specific for your position
- Volunteer a minimum of four hours per shift (Must complete a minimum of 100 hours to fulfill obligation)
- Summer Requirements: Volunteer a minimum of 85 hours
How You Benefit
- Enjoy a sense of well-being from contributing to the welfare of others
- Attend annual recognition events
- Participate in hospital celebrations
- Gain first-hand knowledge about hospital programs and services
- Park free near the hospital
- Meet other generous people like yourself
- For students - get excellent experience for school or job reference
The most effective and important things a volunteer can do are to smile, to listen and to convey a positive attitude.