The Quality and Patient Safety Fellowship Program provides a unique opportunity to train physicians and other clinical specialists to become leaders in Quality Improvement at NorthShore University HealthSystem. The program is administered through APCIG, and is described in more detail below:
- Two tracks for learning are offered:
- Quality and Patient Safety Fellows – 5 fellows experience year-long curriculum and practicum sessions that culminate in playing an active role on a quality project team.
- Quality and Patient Safety Scholars – Up to 10 additional physicians will participate in a special “curriculum-only” program designed to enhance their understanding of the tools and methods to help them become more active in the quality processes at NorthShore.
- Specialized focus on informatics – Fellows will learn how to access informatics resources directly and demonstrate competency in doing so accurately.
- Enhanced curriculum and practicum resources – Still centered on the IHI Open School online curriculum as the backdrop, resources have been expanded that include specialized training in clinical research preparation, survey methods, data display, and financial tools.
View past projects »
For More Information
For more information, please contact Goutham Rao, Fellowship Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 224.364.7597.