Mohamed Eldibany, MD
Director, Core Lab (Biochemistry/Hematopathology/Immunopathology)
The hematology laboratories of NorthShore University HealthSystem are located at Evanston, Glenbrook, and Highland Park Hospitals. Routine tests are performed at all laboratories, while specialized testing is done at Evanston Hospital. The scope of services includes diagnostic hematopathology and sophisticated hemostasis and thrombosis testing. My personal interest is diagnostic hematopathology, hemostasis, thrombosis and teaching. Our laboratory is also involved in collaborative research with various others departments.
- American Board of Pathology, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, 1991
- American Board of Pathology, Hematolgy, 1992
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Pathology, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
Education and Training
- 1981, Alexandria University, Faculty of Medicine, M.B., Ch.B.
- 1981-1982, Alexandria University Teaching Hospitals, Rotating Internship
- 1987-1990, Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Residency in Pathology
- 1991-1992, William Beaumont Hospital, Fellowship in Hematopathology
- Jones NW, Fountain TR, Thakral B, Eldibany M: Castleman's Disease in the Orbit of a 17-Year-Old Girl: A Case Report. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 2013 Mar 18 [Epub ahead of print]
- Eldibany MM and Caprini JA: Hyperhomocysteinemia and thrombosis: An overview. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2007; 131:872-84.