My interests are in general surgical pathology and cytopathology. Within those areas, I like to pursue the study of cytohistological correlation, gynecologic pathology, infectious diseases pathology, and anything that can answer a clinical question that may arise internally or from our clinical colleagues. I prefer to collaborate with residents and staff both within and outside the Pathology department.
- American Board of Pathology, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, 1994
- American Board of Pathology, Subspecialty in Cytopathology, 1996
- National Board of Medical Examiners, 1990
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Pathology, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
Education and Training
- 1989, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, MD
- 1989-1994 The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- 1994-1995 George Washington University Medical Center, Fellowship in Cytopathology
- Sturgis CD, Box M, D'Costa R, Forgue B, McGuire MS, Dieterich M: Ancillary Alpha-Methylacyl-CoA Racemase Immunocytochemistry in the Diagnosis of Adenocarcimoa of the Prostate in Urinary Cytology. A Case Report. Acta Cytologica 2006; 50(3):335-8.
- Botros SM, Dieterich M, Sand PK, Goldberg RP: Successful Treatment of Zoon's Vulvitis with High Potency Topical Steroid. Int Urogynecology J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 2006; 17(2):178-9.