Technical Director, Core Lab (Biochemistry/Hematology/Immunology)
Director, NSLS Outreach Services & Operations Support
The CORE laboratory includes testing from the disciplines of Biochemistry, Hematology, and Immunology. The laboratory is highly automated with emphasis on rapid turnaround times across an extensive test menu. Research interests include fetal lung maturity testing, the use of bone markers in prostate cancer, the application of computers to laboratory testing/results distribution, and laboratory automation.
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry, 1984
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Pathology, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
Education and Training
- 1978, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, PhD, Biochemistry
- Mork T, Killeen CT, Patel NK, Dohnal JM, Karydes HC, Leiken JB: Massive insulin overdose managed by monitoring daily insulin levels. Am J Ther 2011 Sep; 18(5):e162-6.
- Killeen C, Meehan T, Dohnal J, Leikin JB: Pseudorenal insufficiency with isopropyl alcohol ingestion. Am J Ther 2011 Jul; 18(4):e113-6.
- Rosecrans R and Dohnal J: The effect of complimentary and alternative medicine (CAM) products on laboratory testing. Semin Diag Pathol 2009 Feb; 26(1):38-48.