A positive environment that minimizes hassles and maximizes benefits, allowing you to focus on learning and your career.
- State-of-the-Art Technology – As one of the nation’s 100 Most Wired and 25 Most Wireless healthcare systems, we utilize a completely electronic medical information system (Epic). All patient-related documentation and orders are paperless, offering our practitioners patient information that is secure, legible, organized and instantly accessible.
- Night team – A dedicated night float team means that house staff on general medicine floors have limited overnight call.
- Division of duties – Many duties that are not core to resident training, such as transporting patients and drawing blood, are handled by the excellent ancillary staff.
- Flexibility – Residents enjoy availability of a variety of inpatient and outpatient electives and flexibility in scheduling to fit their personal career goals.
- Location – Evanston is an exciting and diverse community right on the shores of Lake Michigan. It combines beautiful, tree-lined residential neighborhoods with a thriving downtown, offering a wide range of entertainment, cultural and recreational opportunities. It's also immediately adjacent to the city of Chicago, where many of our house staff live, and has excellent access to public transportation.
- Modern facilities – Facilities that are bright, clean, spacious and modern – a great place to work.
- Salary & Benefits – Residents’ salaries are competitive with other Chicago programs. Parking is free. Free meal coupons are available for trainees on call and lunch is provided to all trainees each weekday. Residents also receive a free, personal subscription to Up-to-Date.